It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:27 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Image Manager Navigation
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:10 am 
Komusubi
Komusubi

Hi Guys,

its a bit different to navigate in imagemanager.
There is a huge toolbar on top with two buttons- apply and reset (the reset button is a really nice idea).
Isn't it clearer to have more possibilities to navigate and act in the toolbar - like in joomla article manager or other third party extensions?
My idea for (additional) buttons in

Folder view:
BACK (i know there is a path-navigation- but its more for "experts" i think)
Maybe the four operations in dropdown menu (delete, move, copy, bookmark)

Image-details view:
BACK, RESET, SAVE (and go back to folder view), SAVE+NEXT, CANCEL

In my opinion its better to do the navigation/actions like it is in joomla. (New) user have faster orientation because its similar to the whole joomla system.

Second thing: If you open the imagemanager in frontend you have to do it with a menu item (i create a extra user menu for that/other frontend editing stuff). Its a bit confusing how to "leave" the menu manager because in frontend you dont have the navigation structure like in backend.
Isn't it better to use a lightbox for the imagemanager? When you close it you are on the same place on the website as before (start using the menumanager).

Best regards

Torsten

Post subject: Image Manager Navigation
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:10 am 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:23 am 
Developer
Developer

I don't say interface is perfect... it's far away from it. I really appreciate Your feedback about interface. One of my plans were to create some kind of questionnaire to collect and analyse data about interaction between current interface and users. Without proper questionnaire is hard to say what would be the best to do... we can only talk what You or me would like, which is just our personal standing.

Current interface was something easy to make and expend with new features, because it's based on the simple Form Submit system. Look on this as something in development state, WIP version :-) . After we implement all it's needed than we will search the best ways to use these features.

So, for adding options in toolbar, it's early to talk about it. But You did have some ideas which are obvious great to have, and which speed up workflow. Buttons for Next/Prev image are so useful that I can't imagine AG without it anymore. Thanks!