It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:54 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:27 am 

I would like to use special caracters (portuguese), like "ã" in the photo's name. When I put this the plugin do not render the page write.
Thanks,
Luis

Post subject: Portuguese caracters at photo's name [IMPLEMENTED]
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:27 am 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:36 pm 
Developer
Developer

We didn't do any testing for portuguese ;) , but I'll test it and try to solve it in next couple of days.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:17 pm 
Developer
Developer

If You are trying to put a Portuguese in photo name, You'll probably had some issues with websafe names (standard latin letters and numbers only, underscore, minus, no empty spaces...).

However, it's possible to have any kind of plain text (no HMTL tags) as image description. I test with Serbian Cirilic and Bangladesh characters and they we shown without any problems. Portuguese should be piece of cake comparing to these languages :D .

If You use some plain text editor (GEdit in Linux, Notepad in Win), you can create text file named: yourImagesNameWithoutExtension.desc with content like this:
{default}Some image name or description{/default}

Than place it along side with Your image and plugin will parse content between {default} tags.

Some users complained that this procedure is complicated, so in next couple of days we will provide Component for Plugin version 2.0, which will make writing image description really easy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:02 am 
Developer
Developer

@lcalbuquerque

Try to use Portuguese with Admiror Gallery 2 and Admiror Gallery Component. I test it and it went without any issues.

If default language tag don't work from start, try to install Portuguese on Your site frontend, to force Joomla! to create Portuguese language tag in HTML header.