It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:55 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: options dont apply
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:47 pm 

When i change the options and press apply, it seems that the changes are beeing commited, but on the frontend nothing changes.
ea when i change the popup to fancy, the outpout stays on simpel.
Also the gallery template doesnt change.
is it something i need to download to get this working?
I hope someone can help me in the right direction, because i realy love this galley.

Post subject: options dont apply
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:47 pm 
 Post subject: Re: options dont apply
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:52 pm 

i have found a seccond place to enter options: it is in the Menu item. :o
These are the same options as on the main page and they work like a charm.
Why are there 2 places to change options?
this makes stuff difficult to find and change.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:01 am 
Contributor
Contributor

The options that are found in the backend mnager are the GLOBAL options. If you do not specify any options within the article/menu/etc then AG will use these settings as default.

You can set options manually PER GALLERY call within your articles by using the correct setting calls. (See manual)

You can also set the options in the Menu which will then make any galleries on that menu page adhere to those settings. You can still over-ride this from within the article itself.

So for example, your backend global prefs might call for Fancy popup with Listed gallery view because it's a good default. Your "2014 summer break" Menu might use Simple popup with Classic view to keep things classic, but on the same page you have a mini gallery with some special images of the Vatican which you want to highlight so you use Carousel to make this stand out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:07 pm 
Developer
Developer

@Bifford As we don't have Like nor Add Reputation option, I'm replaying with: +1 Rep :)