It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:00 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:52 pm 

Just after installing this awsome component I saw that theres an error on the page. It does not show completely so I cannot tell which error it is.
Can anyone please help on this. I really like to use this component but not with such a screen off course. A screen shot is added.

Attachments:
File comment: Here is a screenshot where you can see the error
Klembord01.jpg
Klembord01.jpg [ 422.42 KiB | Viewed 4535 times ]

Post subject: Strange error on the website
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:52 pm 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:24 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

http://www.fotoburggraaf.nl

I've been to every page of your site (nice photos btw) and I get no such error.

The best thing to do is open the browsers "Developers Tools" and go to the error console and see what it says.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:09 pm 

Thats correct because this site is sleedt on air i did NOT want to display an error.
I will try your advice and get back

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:17 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

If the error console doesn't show anything then use the "spyglass" (magnifying glass) to highlight the error box, which will then pop the code for that box up. You should then be able to alter the size of said box to lengthen it and see what the error is. (This does not actually change any code, it just changes the single instance of the code loaded. As soon as you hit refresh the original code will take back over. It's a good way to see what code needs changing for a specific thing!)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:59 pm 

Hi Bifford, I went into the console and found the specific part in the admirrorgallery.css in the directory \plugins\content\admirorgallery\admirorgallery\

I added a screenshot for the specific part. The solution in this case was to delete the highlighted block. I cant imagine thats the right solution but it worked ;-)

Attachments:
Knipsel.PNG
Knipsel.PNG [ 43.07 KiB | Viewed 4519 times ]

Post subject: Re: Strange error on the website
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:59 pm 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:38 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Well, that's one way to do it lol.

What you've actually done there (as far as I can tell) is to simply stop the error showing up, by removing the box it is held within.

So you still have the error, whatever it was, but are no longer being told about it.

Hopefully the designers can help further when he gets time!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:08 am 
Developer
Developer

This is a common issue.
Some templates have a div with class error for displaying errors on the page. And when everything is OK it is empty and invisible.
But Admiror Gallery defines error class in a different way (as seen on the image you posted) so it becomes visible.

So best solution would be to remove div with class error from your template, or rename it to something else. :)

Ultimate solution is to rename class error to ag_error in Admiror Gallery and avoid these issues. But that is something I need to do in the future release