It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:33 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:12 am 
Maegashira
Maegashira

Hi,

I'm using the "classic" Template on my website, and do like it a lot... It looks very good if you have all pictures in a gallery either vertical or horizontal, but if you have a mix of horizontal and vertical pictures, it then creates a lot of empty spaces...

Would there be any way to adapt this layout to avoid this ? I would like to have my vertical pictures take exactly the space of 2 horizontal ones, so that it all arranges perfectly.

Thanks

Post subject: Classic template - Lots of empty spaces
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:12 am 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:45 pm 
Developer
Developer

Hmm, have you tried to set Thumbnail auto size to Width?

But, I'm not sure this would help, because classic is basically a table and images are inserted in <td> tag.

Can you post a link or a screenshot?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:24 pm 
Maegashira
Maegashira

Hi,

Please see screenshot attached... What I'm usually doing to work around that is that I'm using priority ordering and making it so that I only have either vertical or horizontal pictures on one line, but this is not ideal, as it's sometimes not possible, and also forces me to prioritize all of my pictures...

Thanks

Attachments:
screenshot.png
screenshot.png [ 364.46 KiB | Viewed 8994 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:24 pm 
Maegashira
Maegashira

Hi,

Did you make any progress on this one ? I'm really being annoyed by this small issue on a daily basis (I can give you links to some other galleries where I have this issue if you wish).

What I globally would like is that vertical pictures should take twice the size of horizontal ones, and vice-versa... which sometimes happens, sometimes not, don't know why.

Also, the Template should not simply put pictures in order but should try to "fill the gaps", so in the case above, picture 3 (top of 3rd colum) should come below picture one in column 1, which would give a perfect alignment for the first 6 pictures, and picture 7 would be the start of the next line...

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:25 pm 
Developer
Developer

This is tricky to do, because, for example classic template uses table to display images, and some additional CSS (like float) could make unexpected behavior.

But if you set Thumbnail auto size to None, and change the thumb size, and revert it back (to apply new settings, because new thumbs are only created if size is changed or images are new) you should get the same size thumbnails for all images disregarding original WxH ratio, using cropping.

Post subject: Re: Classic template - Lots of empty spaces
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:25 pm