It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:09 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:57 am 

Hello,

I use Joomla 2.5.11 + your extension 4.5
First, thank you for your good work !

I try to use your plugin in my website
to manage over 6000 "moutain bike" pictures (taken between 2006 to 2013),
free to dowload, concerning a local race between amateurs in Lorraine(France)

When I put for example
Code:
{AG}Ambiance_2007{/AG}
in article
with Ambiance_2007 a subdirectoy in images/sampledata,
I get a blank page, no error message, nothing ... when I save article !?
So I come back to article and choose the option close article to go out !?
=> However the article is saved with
Code:
{AG}Ambiance_2007{/AG}
and the thumbs directory created ...

I have many articles to create with a lot of subdirectories
like Ambiance_2007, Ambiance_2008, Ambiance_2009 ...
So for the moment I choose to disable your plugin, then I duplicate my articles
with
Code:
{AG}Ambiance_2007{/AG}
Code:
 {AG}Ambiance_2008{/AG}
and so on
and at the end I will try to enable your plugin ... but it'll work probably

So if you have some explanations about this issue ?
For the moment I use your extension uniquely in local mode

Thanks for your answer

Laurent

Post subject: Article containing Gallery (AG) doesn't want to close ...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:57 am 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:57 am 
Developer
Developer

Checkout this post, it shows how to solve this weird problem :) viewtopic.php?f=34&t=709

If anyone finds out what is the cause of this, please let me know. I'm curious who is trying to include this file :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:00 pm 

Thank you !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:46 pm 

Vasiljevski wrote:
If anyone finds out what is the cause of this, please let me know. I'm curious who is trying to include this file :)

I have the same problem and I think the problem is with Smart Search - Content or AG.

When I enable plugin Smart Search - Content and in article have gallery - {AG}name{/AG} then when i save it results in blank, white page, Smart Search don't index that article and it is locked. If I disable plugin or remove {AG}name{/AG} from article everything is ok. Indexing of articles stoped working with first article with gallery. When I try to manually index content then it stops with error:
Quote:
undefined
undefined
null

Is there a bug in search plugin or AG? I use Admiror Gallery 4.5.0 with Jommla 2.5.11

--------
SK

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:16 pm 
Developer
Developer

Have you tried to apply the fix mentioned in the previous post?

Changing the include path to more relative one fixed the problem for most.

I did as you suggested, I enabled Smart Search but had no problems with saving articles with gallery in them. But this was on my local server, I will try this on my hosting and see what happends. Maybe it is related to server configuration, I don't know.

Post subject: Re: Article containing Gallery (AG) doesn't want to close ..
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:16 pm 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:29 pm 

I haven't any problems with path. When I disable Smart Search - Content plugin, everything is ok.

Did you enable Smart Search - Content and Content - Smart Search. When I enable both (only then smart search works for articles) a have a problem. After enable both plugins did you run the indexer (components -> Smart Search -> index) and on the list are articles with {AG} inside?

SK

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:41 am 
Developer
Developer

Well using you instruction I managed to reproduce the problem you are describing.

And the solution I suggested fixed the problem.
Seems to me that you haven't read the whole post I refereed for solution.

The problem is with used include path Admiror Gallery uses to include necessary files.
If you open plugins\content\admirorgallery\admirorgallery\classes\agGallery.php on line 285 you will find :
Code:
require ('plugins' . DS . 'content' . DS . 'admirorgallery' . DS . 'admirorgallery' . DS . 'popups' . DS . $this->params['popupEngine'] . DS . 'index.php');

This is the problem. For some reason SmartSearch is trying to execute the plugin but from a different context, in which this path is invalid. Changing that part with:
Code:
require (dirname(dirname(__FILE__)) . DS . 'popups' . DS . $this->params['popupEngine'] . DS . 'index.php');
suggested in the post I refer to fixes this problem.

If you turn on error reporting instead of a blank page you would get an error message stating: Failed opening required on agGallery.php line 285 :)

You see require uses current folder as base, so in first case he looks in administrator/plugins... for include file.

We never meant for the plugin to be executed in administrator section, but SmartSearch is trying to render the article so it could index it. That is done from administrator context and messes the things a little :) I'm surprised that this is the only problem :)

Thank you for providing the correct steps on how to reproduce this problem. Up until now I couldn't reproduce it on my side, and the problem was mystery to me :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:28 am 

After this change, everything is OK. After saving the article no longer appears white page and no problems running indexing. Thank you for your help.