It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:17 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:41 pm 

Do you have any information about plugin with new added photo, I would like to create one but do not know how.
Thanks for any info.

Post subject: How to create frame with new added photos
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:41 pm 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:41 pm 
Developer
Developer

I'm not sure I understand what exactly you wish to do.

Can you give some more details?

Do you need to have a mark for "New Image"?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:02 pm 

I`m using Admiror gallery and I have separate folders with photos, sometimes I put new photo in different folder and I woluld like to create a frame (or something like that) with new added photo for example on main page. Then I will have new added photo. Is it possible with admiror gallery? I sow that is possible with joomGallery they have link to New added Photo but they are using poto as a artickle so it is easy but admiror offer to put new photo by using folder on server.
thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:39 am 
Contributor
Contributor

I think what he is trying to say is this:

He wants to be able to put a module, or something akin to what AdmirorFrames does (that is a small box-out somewhere) on the front page, and for it to only show those images that have the "new" tag. So this box will cycle through all images with the new tag and then ignore them when the period is up and they stop being new but include any freshly updated images automatically.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:26 am 
Developer
Developer

Well this is pretty impossible to do with the current Admiror Gallery design. We don't know that the image is new or old until the gallery is shown.

The module for that would have to scan all the folders with images check "date added" and display the images. This would create very big server load every time the module is dislayed. (not good solution)

Another is to add all new images in a XML file, like : newimages.xml from which module could load all the images. But this solution also has a flaw. You should open every gallery in the front-end, to create the newimages.xml file. (also not a good solution)

This should be a new feature request in "Gallery Brainstorming" :)

So the bottom line is, no this is not possible with Admiror Gallery, sorry. But a lot of great things are ;)

Post subject: Re: How to create frame with new added photos
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:26 am 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:07 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

All assuming I interpreted the OP's words correctly, of course! :}

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:53 pm 

Yes, this is what I want.
OK so if it`s no possible I will try to find another solusion for it or forget it :)
Thanks for your answers.