It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:07 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:40 pm 

Hi :) First of all, thanks a lot for this beautiful little extension, powerful but so easy, perfect for the (quite basic) needs of my site.

I have this problem I can't figure out though: i have a main folder and a bunch of subfolders (albums). These albums work perfectly when logged in, but a public visitor can't even see the pictures list: he clicks on the album thumbnail to no avail. Obviously something must be wrong with folder permissions, but I can't figure it out. So far I've tried to:

1) open an image by pasting the complete url on an unlogged browser -> works (so the images folders must be accessible, right?)
2) change to 777 the permissions of /plugins/content/admirorgallery and all subfolders/files -> no luck
3) uninstalling/reinstalling the extension -> same as above

Which folders should I check the permissions on? Anything else?

Thanks again :)

Post subject: Unlogged users can't see galleries
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:40 pm 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:51 pm 
Developer
Developer

I suspect that you have cashe turned ON for public visitors and OFF for logged users. Can you check this?

You don't need to change permission in cases like this, you can restore to 755.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:07 pm 

I wasn't aware that cache could be enabled per user group... how can I check this? Should cache be turned off for everyone then?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:48 am 

I disabled site cache altogether, and now it works for everybody. I wouldn't like to do that, though... any workaround?

Thanks!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:32 pm 
Developer
Developer

I agree that disabling caching is not the best idea.

One solution would be to disable cashing for the page where you use Admiror Gallery?
This http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... ache/17783 extension might help :)

Post subject: Re: Unlogged users can't see galleries
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:32 pm 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:05 pm 

Vasiljevski wrote:
One solution would be to disable cashing for the page where you use Admiror Gallery?
This http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... ache/17783 extension might help :)

That one worked just fine! Thanks a lot for the suggestion! :D