It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:08 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:34 pm 

Hi, there.
I just started using AG 4.5.0, with Classic and Fancybox.
I wanted a description under the images, so I edited the field under the picture in Image Manager.
But now I get [Caption-with-hyphens-instead-of-spaces].JPG (see attached screenshot).
Two questions:
- should be there a hyphen (-) instead of spaces in caption?
- how do I get rid of the ".JPG" extension?

TIA!

Edited: I found why is the JPG still there... My file names were changed in what I wrote as captions... :shock: :?:
Is this what it was supposed to happen? What did I miss? :roll:

Attachments:
File comment: Screenshot
SSF.JPG
SSF.JPG [ 13.45 KiB | Viewed 3629 times ]

Post subject: Despite caption, ".JPG" is still there
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:34 pm 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:27 am 
Developer
Developer

Well I guess you changed the caption under images:
Attachment:
example.png
example.png [ 73.52 KiB | Viewed 3624 times ]

This is actually image name, not image caption. So whatever you enter here will be made filename save (space to "-"...) and added file type :)

Instead you should click on the image you want to add caption to. New page will open.
On that page below the image you will get one mandatory text box "Default" to define default caption, and one box for each language you have installed in your Joomla web site.
If you have only one language and you don't plan to have multilingual content, you can only enter "Default" caption.
Enter your caption and click "Apply" button, and that's all.
Attachment:
example1.png
example1.png [ 14.08 KiB | Viewed 3624 times ]

You can also use buttons: Previous image, Next Image; to go through other images in the current folder.

Further, you can use HTML in your caption. But first you need to enable it in Admiror Gallery settings.
You can do that by setting: Plain text captions to No

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:15 pm 

:lol: :lol: Yeap. Surprisingly, it's like you said ... ;)
Thank you for your assistance!
I would suggest (in such cases where elaborate documentation is missing) to make the interface more intuitive. For instance, to add "Filename" by the text box under the picture, or even to add "Click on picture to add caption". It will save me some frustration and you headache to answer such trivial questions. It will give you more time to make this great extensions even greater! :D

Thank you again for your prompt reply!