It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:13 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:40 pm 

Thanks for the module, looks pretty cool and satisfys my needs. However, I am confused on why I cannot view my gallery folder that has images in them.

I put the AG quotes around /gallery and it works completely ok. I see them in the article I created for my website. When I attempt to go into the Image Manager from the Components -> Admiror Gallery -> Image Manager. I see my gallery folder, but I can not go inside it.
It gives me this error.

Folder or image not found.
/imagesgallery/

Apparently, these errors like to negate the middle slash which could be the issue, but if this is the case, then why can I view my gallery in my website but cannot edit the gallery internally inside the Admiror Gallery component section? I can easily go into the ftp backend part and add and remove images as I please, however, I am just helping a friend out with this site and do not want to maintenance it 24/7. (Just in case someone tries to give me that solution)

My second issue is when I create a new folder in the Image Manager from Components -> Admiror Gallery -> Image Manager.

I created a folder called test, just to see it work.. and it says it created it in blue.. but I dont see the folder. I checked through FTP, media manager, I cant find it, but when I make another new folder called test.. it says it exists.. so Im TOTALLY confused.

Please help me on these issues.

Thanks

Post subject: Cannot view my gallery | folder creation issue
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:40 pm 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:40 am 
Developer
Developer

My best bet is that you have setup a wrong global Image root path.

In your Admiror Gallery control panel, check if the Image Root path is correct, for example like this : /images/sampledata/
Slash at the begging and at the end is mandatory.

For your folder check if in you Joomla root folder there is a folder called /imagesgallery/test :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:34 pm 

I see now, okay. With a little bit of experimentation for my own interpretation, your response made sense and I believe my frustration has taken over my common sense since I was looking at the folder in the root of my FTP site.. sorry, I am used to making websites from scratch with my own paths :ugeek:

Thank you for your help