It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 10:58 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: thumbnails problems
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:28 am 

hi, ram here,

i m working on client project where main focus is on images. when i choose admirror gallery layout as menu type and give specific width and height for thumbnail & for Thumbnail Auto Size i gave w- 200 and h - 100, some of the images are not getting resized.

Please help me in this.

link: http://hyvaitsolutions.com/projects/nat ... monochrome

I think if we had separate folders for thumbnail and largenail would help in these cases.

Post subject: thumbnails problems
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:28 am 
 Post subject: Re: thumbnails problems
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:43 am 
Developer
Developer

Hmm, go to menu item settings and check if Thumbnail auto size is set to None? Because it looks to me that all the thumbnails are created with height 100px.
Also when you add a menu item of Gallery Layout you should be aware that it has it's own settings and changing global settings from Admiror Gallery control panel will not have any affect on it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:11 pm 

Hi Vasiljevski,

let me confirm you that i haven't set the thumbnail auto size to none, i have attached the file settings.gif for your reference.

And also tell me what is the effect / affect of frame size, coz it doesn't change anything.

I do agree that admirror control panel doesn't have any effect on menu item type.

But when upon select Auto Thumbnail size based on width - it should resize according to the width right, here it's not happening, that's y i came to your forum to get some answers to fix this.

I tried many things using css and i was successful to some extent, but not fully, so help me out so that i can relay on this component for multiple projects and reasons.

Attachments:
File comment: settings of the menu
settings.gif
settings.gif [ 49.37 KiB | Viewed 4929 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:09 pm 
Developer
Developer

Quote:
But when upon select Auto Thumbnail size based on width - it should resize according to the width right, here it's not happening, that's y i came to your forum to get some answers to fix this.

In fact it's the opposite, if Auto Size is set to Width then Height is fixed and Width is calculated automatically considering the W/H ratio.
So if you want to have a fixed width, you should set Auto to Height, so that Height would be calculated according to fixed width.

In case you need the thumb to be specific size (200x100) then you need to set Auto Size to none. In that case the set dimension will be forced.

Hope I explained this option better :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:41 am 

Thanks a lot for your replies and suggestions, Mr. Vasiljevski,
Sorry i forgot to congratulate you to developing such a all in one component for joomla which eases every webmasters job.

Even i tried the auto resize to none, but its of no use.

May be i am not transparent in giving you the idea what i am expecting to do.

Will send you a private message.

See if you can help to make the thumbnails generate proportionately.

-- Eager to view your reply
Ram.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:41 am 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:08 pm 
Developer
Developer

Sorry for late replay, I just haven't had the time to give you detailed answer.

OK, so if we take a look at these two images from reference site:

You can see that pictures have different ratio (height/weight) so using any available method from Admiror Gallery would never have this kind of effect.

If we use None, we would get cropped images like this:

If we use Width:

If we use Height:

Note that when you change Auto Size parameter, thumbnail images won't be recreated. Only changing Thumbnail Width or
Thumbnail Height will make AdmirorGallery recreate the thumb images.

In my opinion (that could be wrong :) Width is the most appropriate to what you want to accomplish, along with some CSS changes to create border around the thumbnails and center them.

If none of these cases are not OK for you, is it possible to post a screenshot of the expected behavior using these two images as example (you can download them from reference site)?