PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:04 pm 

problem solved

Post subject: album not working
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:04 pm 
 Post subject: Re: album not working
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:27 pm 
Developer
Developer

Great :) Can you give some more details? :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:50 pm 

lol, yes, even if I don't think it will give you good informations ...

I work with a test site. When everything is OK on that site, I copy all files and the database to the public one.
This system has been working for some years now. But with AG, It did not. The test site was OK, but when I copied, the public site did not work.
The weird thing is :
in an article I had some lines with :
{AG}2013/7-1/photographer 1[/AG}
{AG}2013/7-1/photographer 2[/AG}
{AG}2013/7-1/photographer 3[/AG}
{AG}2013/7-2/photographer x[/AG}
and so on.

The folder for each photographer could contain photos directly, or contain albums (sub-folders) with photos.
In the test site, where AG was first installed, the display were OK. If a photographer had albums, I could see the albums, clic on one, and see the photos, with of course the possibility to come back to the album list of the photographer.
In the public site, I could see the albums, but clicking on one changed nothing, I stay on the same page, with same display of the albums.
On the other hand, if the photographer had no album but pictures directly, everything was OK.

After some times with friends trying to find what the problem was, I did not find the reason why.
Had to find a quick solution, as people of the festival were really in a bad mood with that.
I tried to uninstall and reinstall on the public site, did not work.
I guess there were some wrong informations somewhere coming from original site ?

Then, sorry, but I switched to another product that I could copy without trouble.
Thanks for asking anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:45 pm 
Developer
Developer

I use Akeeba Backup for moving site from Test to Live environment, and I would recommend it, it's free and pretty simple to use. And the most important, never had problems with it :)

In cases similar to this, the problem was some JavaScript conflict, but because you had it working OK on test site this is not the case. Maybe the path on the remote server was problematic, but I'm not sure.
Sorry for not being able to help you more, it's to bad that you waisted you time setting up Admiror Gallery and had to switch at the end.

Good thing is that you find a solution, and finished your work :)