It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:29 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:00 pm 

Hi! First of all I want to thank you for your great work on this project! Easy and simple to use a great find...
I am building a website where I will be using it, but I had one question (or two!) to further personalize it..

First and most important, I would like to know if it is possible to custom the thunbails, I had a specific idea for the presentation of my galleries a small thunbail hanging slightly sideway wich would shift side and size while on mouseover.
A bit like this:

Is this possible? how would you procced? Unfortunatly I have little knowledge of the Javascript or JQuery!
So I will have to rely on your expertise ;)

The other question is, can you link an image of a gallery to be opend directly in the lightbox instead of the gallery page?
I am making a comics blog with galleries, each time I will post a new picture I will make a small article anouncing the update of one of the galleries, and put a direct link to the new picture. Instead of only opening the gallery page, I want the link also launch the lightbox wwith the full size image. Is there a way to do so?

Thank you in advance for your time and responses!

Post subject: Custom animated thubbails...
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:00 pm 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:20 am 
Developer
Developer

You may try this template: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=557
It is similar to the one you want.

Yes, you can make any kind of template for Admiror Gallery, that's the best thing about our gallery, but not so widely used :)

Admiror Gallery creates thumbnails, provides a list of link to them, and original images links. After that it is up to template to display them :)
In your case, I think that you can use "classic" template and use CSS to make that effect. Like on hover make thumbs change position, for example :)
You may also add some jQuery plugin that does the animation you need and add it in the template code.
Take a look at the index.php of classic template to familiarize yourself with the template idea. And I can help you more if you have any troubles.

For the other question, if I understand you correctly, the answer would be no. The best, we currently have, is to mark the image with "NEW" tag.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:53 am 

Thanks for such a quick response!
I can't believe I didn't see the incredible potential of the added templates..
This officialy makes Admiror Gallery the best gallery on Joomla in my book!!

The css3template you linked is great.. I don't think I'll use it as is, but it's a great start.
As for the second question I wanted to open the lightbox with an external link (I don't know if that is clearer or more confusing :lol: )
I had a feeling it might not have been possible (not a big deal anyway!).

I had a few other questions wich of course I am looking to solve by myself, but since I am already posting ^^

I need to sort images by time but I want it to start by the oldest and not the latest..

Anyway this is all very exciting since I never found a gallery this versatile.. If I end up doing a good enogh template I'll try and submit it here.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:07 pm 

I just made my first template and I am very happy with the results... The developer has done an awesome job... Thanks a lot for everything...

Have a great day...

Last edited by fredde on Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:21 pm 
Developer
Developer

It would be great it you could share it :)

Post subject: Re: Custom animated thubbails...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:21 pm