It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:18 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:27 am 

I have created the html and css for the below new look I have implemented it in the plugin and will upload it tonight
http://phoenixfusion.in/gallery.html
This is a simple html file the shadow works in all latest major browsers
Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, IE 9, it should work on Opera and Safari as well altough I havent checked. It also degrades gracefully in ie8 and below(only the shadow doesnt show rest everything shows normal)
Hope you guys like it...
tell me I u do Ill upload the modified version tonight.

Post subject: Admiror gallery 4 new look
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:27 am 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:30 pm 
Developer
Developer

That is great :)

If you cannot attacche the file, you can send it by mail and I will put it in Template sub-forum with you as author, of course :)

Thanks for your effort.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:08 pm 

Vasiljevski wrote:
That is great :)

If you cannot attacche the file, you can send it by mail and I will put it in Template sub-forum with you as author, of course :)

Thanks for your effort.

Thanks for the quick reply and the appreciation :D Vasiljevski

Ive done it and attached the file

hope you like it
I modified it to look like this for a website Im making for a company

I hope its alright to use it in this form. I have left the credit intact.

Regards
James

Attachments:
File comment: This is the admirorGallery4.1.0 plugin modified to have shadows and rotation on hover in the classic template.
plg_admirorGallery_4.1.0-newlook.zip [369.09 KiB]
Downloaded 437 times

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:04 am 
Developer
Developer

Its great! :)

I just want to extract only the template so thath instead of modifying classic to create a new template so that we could have both available :)

How would you like to name your template? :) Something like, classic-css3 or classic-jamespinto :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:14 am 
Developer
Developer

I was in a kind of hurry so I just called it "Classic CSS3" :)

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=557

Instruction on how to install the template for all Joomla version are also in the topic above :)

I made small changes:
    moved CSS to template.css file

added .AG_classic_css3 to every CSS style
    commented out :
Code:
.AG_classic_css3  ul.box {
    list-style: none;
    margin:0;
    /* overflow: hidden; */
    /* padding-top:20px; */
    position: relative;
    z-index: 1;
}

Removed unnesesary "<html><head>..." code
    Changed licence info and added credits to you (using your forum name)
    Edited details.xml to support template installation in Admiror Gallery Component for Joomla 1.5

Because it looked better on the Atomic joomla template :) I did some experimenting with styles and found that making ultimate solution to avoid every CSS style imposed by Joomla template is hard, so I added a note to let everyone know that they should consider this and override any problematic style that may brake this template :)

Once again, thank you for your contribution.

Post subject: Re: Admiror gallery 4 new look
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:14 am 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:44 pm 

Hi

thanks for the quick implementation and all the credit.
Classic CSS3 sounds perfect!
I just started using admiror and have only tried the classic template if u could send me a link to where i could learn to apply other templates then I might try and implement something for the other templates too.
Im happy to see this implemented and Im sure Amiror is the best plugin for a gallery out there. Even better than many paid ones and hope I can help make it better.
I found it quite easy to implement and smooth transitions are great which dont existt in other gallery plugins.
Im sure version 4.1.0 should be added to the joomla extensions its the best because a search on admiror in the joomla extensions directory only shows 1.6 and 1.7 as the lastest versions available.

I had a tough time getting this (4.1.0) version for joomla 2.5 and I hope it will be easier for others so they can enjoy this too.

Regards James

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:36 am 
Developer
Developer

I totally agree with you.

But the thing is (don't know if you used Admiror Gallery for Joomla 1.5) that we are currently working on making the whole component, with Image manager, template and popup installation in the back end, adding direct link to the gallery in menu,... available for Joomla! 2.5, 80% is done, so far.
After that I personally would like to merge both version and make "one for all" version and remove all confusion :)

Plugin is one part of this component, and it provides fully functional gallery. So I decided to make this version so people could use it while waiting for the real think :)

For templates, you can get some here: viewforum.php?f=19
They are all compatible with 4.1.

Just unpack the zip file in the "[root]/plugins/content/admirorgallery/AdmirorGallery/templates", and they will be available in Template selection in Plugin Settings.

You can use this manual: http://www.admiror-design-studio.com/me ... ndbook.pdf
to get general idea of how the things work(some function name may be different, but the general idea is the same)

Existing templates can be used as example of what can be made. I also use classic as a base when starting a new template :)