It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:02 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:45 pm
Posts: 4
Hi

Having updated Joomla from 1.7 to 2.5 I now have an error as below on any page with an admiror gallery. The gallery appears to work just fine, it's just a question of the worrying error displayed at the top of the screen. Is there a plan to update the plugin for 2.5, or indeed if an update is not actually required is there a way I can prevent the erorr message from being displayed?

'Admiror Designe Studio "Admiror Gallery" 4.0 Plugin functions under Joomla! 1.6 & 1.7
Admiror Gallery: 4.0
Server OS:Apache/2
Client OS:Windows NT 4.0
PHP:5.2.17'

Many thanks for a great plugin.

Lee.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Joomla 2.5 running gallery 4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:49 pm 
Top  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:55 am
Posts: 4
Same problem here. The rest works fine. Hope to get new version for Joomla 2.5 soon because this gallery is great!

I just wanted to add that you can hide this error message with CSS style. I know it's not the best soulution but at least you can still use it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:45 pm
Posts: 4
Quote:
I just wanted to add that you can hide this error message with CSS style. I know it's not the best soulution but at least you can still use it.


Not my strongpoint but I can give it a go. Could you suggest which file needs the css altered? Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:45 pm
Posts: 4
Quote:
Having updated Joomla from 1.7 to 2.5 I now have an error as below on any page with an admiror gallery. The gallery appears to work just fine, it's just a question of the worrying error displayed at the top of the screen. Is there a plan to update the plugin for 2.5, or indeed if an update is not actually required is there a way I can prevent the erorr message from being displayed?

'Admiror Designe Studio "Admiror Gallery" 4.0 Plugin functions under Joomla! 1.6 & 1.7
Admiror Gallery: 4.0
Server OS:Apache/2
Client OS:Windows NT 4.0
PHP:5.2.17'



Never mind. I have a good solution to the above.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:07 pm 
Offline
Developer
Developer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:31 pm
Posts: 1241
Location: Novi Sad, Serbia
Sorry for late reply, I just fixed the problem and posted new version updated for Joomla! 2.5.

You can get it here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=409

_________________
Help Admiror Gallery become even better,
give us a review on JED


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joomla 2.5 running gallery 4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:07 pm 
Top  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:45 pm
Posts: 4
Much obliged


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 5
Vasiljevski wrote:
Sorry for late reply, I just fixed the problem and posted new version updated for Joomla! 2.5.

You can get it here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=409


HI
the file attched at the above link for the 4.1.0 zip file is corrupted
I cant extract the file it is corrupt could you please reattach it I needed this plugin for 2.5 as soon as possible
as I too have the same error showing that the gallery is supported for 1.6 and 1.7


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:48 am
Posts: 1
Having the same issues. The posted update "plg_admirorGallery_4.1.0.zip" is corrupt and won't open. Additionally, Joomla won't upload and install it.

I love this plugin! I'm holding my breath as long as I can before I'll have to switch to another...

Thanks so much!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 5
kueclee wrote:
Having the same issues. The posted update "plg_admirorGallery_4.1.0.zip" is corrupt and won't open. Additionally, Joomla won't upload and install it.

I love this plugin! I'm holding my breath as long as I can before I'll have to switch to another...

Thanks so much!


hey I found a good solution
Download this file and install it

The gallery will work perfectly but you will see an error message above the gallery.

I have a solution for this also :D edit the file template.css indside the template_name_folder in your Admiror Gallery folder

Add the following css to the div.errors class (Also make sure the file is writable that is it has write access)
display:none;

This will simply hide the error message and you will have a completely working gallery without the error message. I got this working yesterday (finally figured it out) and the gallery is even working great. !

Good luck folks

I think this issue is solved although its just a workaround and just hides the message.

Ive improved the look of the boxes holding the images(using css 3 and li tags instead of a table) I will soon send u guys my modified version of the gallery. Im sure you will all like it....

http://www.admiror-design-studio.com/media/admiror-gallery/plg_admirorGallery_4.0.1.zip


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joomla 2.5 running gallery 4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:37 am 
Top  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:33 pm 
Offline
Developer
Developer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:31 pm
Posts: 1241
Location: Novi Sad, Serbia
I just reposted fixed version without this error. http://www.vasiljevski.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=409

Later I will update the plugin archive on the main site also.

About corrupted files, this is a side effect of moving to a new server, sorry for this, and thanks for pointing this out.

I will try to fix this problem ASAP.

_________________
Help Admiror Gallery become even better,
give us a review on JED


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

 


All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

This is the official Admiror Joomla! Community Forum. You are welcome to join the Admiror Joomla! Community. All Admiror Joomla! Extensions Users, Joomla! Developers, PHP or mySQL Developers are welcome to support & contribute to Admiror Joomla! Projects.

Joomla! is a free and open source content management system (CMS) for publishing content on the World Wide Web and intranets. With a vibrant volunteer community, user-friendly features and plenty of power, Joomla is perfect for your website!

Joomla! is written in PHP, uses object-oriented programming (OOP) techniques and software patterns, stores data in a MySQL database, and includes features such as page caching, RSS feeds, printable versions of pages, news flashes, blogs, polls, search, and support for language internationalization.

Joomla! is the property of Open Source Matters, Inc. All rights reserved. Read more about Joomla! at http://www.joomla.org/.


Protected by Anti-Spam ACP Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group