Total votes : 7
 Post subject: Tablet or Smartphone?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:48 am 
Developer
Developer

So I'm interested in opinions.
What do you prefer?
Is it appropriate to compare the two?
Is there any point in me thinking that tablets are useless and waist of money :) Maybe I'm not looking on the things from the right perspective. That is my main reason why I posted this thread :)

Post subject: Tablet or Smartphone?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:48 am 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:30 pm 
Developer
Developer

I'm a happy user of a smartphone. It's so amazing how powerfull these gadget are if you have intermet access. It's a pocket PC. You can even admin a website over a phone...

But to be honest I like Asus Terminator a lot. I would love to have it, it's such a great product.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:40 pm 

Vasiljevski wrote:
What do you prefer?
Is there any point in me thinking that tablets are useless and waist of money :) Maybe I'm not looking on the things from the right perspective. That is my main reason why I posted this thread :)

So my opinion is that tablets are "sexier" and definitely more interesting, but its hard for me to say I would prefer them over a smartphone. This is because my smartphone is basically an extension of my body at this point, it is so necessary for me to have with me throughout the day that I could not live without it. With a tablet, I could definitely live without, although performing tasks, playing games, and browsing the net is MUCH better on a tablet than a phone.

I had to vote for smartphone though, because I cannot live without my smartphone.

-Jeff

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:19 pm 

jeff1909 wrote:
Vasiljevski wrote:

I don't know how I could go on without either of my smartphone or tablet.
I am totally addicted to both!
BOTH gets my vote!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:44 pm 

ahersch wrote:
I don't know how I could go on without either of my smartphone or tablet.
I am totally addicted to both!
BOTH gets my vote!!!!!!

_______
Fairly, to answer this question, I would have to say that the Smartphone gets my vote!
Wooooooo Hooooooo

Post subject: Re: Tablet or Smartphone?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:44 pm 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:30 pm 

About my opinion smartphone is the better option then tablet. because You can travel with smartphone very easily but it is very tough to carry a large tablet pc. Although The tablet has better and larger display but you can not carry your tablet every-where. And new generation smart phone loaded fully with lot of apps and cool features.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:56 pm 

It depends on Your need I would say. You need a smart phone or a smart little laptop determines what's better at that instant.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:23 pm 

You can choose the Smartphone.Times are tight, and a penny saved is a penny you didn't have a minute ago. It's not quite Ben Franklin, but it's true. Some mobile apps now available help you earn just a little extra cash as you go about your day. Since the majority of us have a mobile phone with us all the time anyway, why not make it work for you?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:23 am 

webrocky wrote:
About my opinion smartphone is the better option then tablet. because You can travel with smartphone very easily but it is very tough to carry a large
tablet pc. Although The tablet has better and larger display but you can not carry your tablet every-where. And new generation smart phone loaded fully with lot of apps and cool features.

Agree with you!

Post subject: Re: Tablet or Smartphone?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:23 am 

Contributor Blogs

Joomla! - the dynamic portal engine and content management system

Joomla Event Travel Programme (JET) Recipients Chosen

The Joomla Event Travel Programme (JET) is pleased to announce that we have selected 25 members from the worldwide Joomla community, representing 16 countries as the recipients of the first JET Programme recognition. They will have the c...

http://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/1819-joomla-event-travel-programme-jet-recipients-chosen.html

Open Source Matters Elects New President, Sarah Watz, to Guide Joomla!

On April 8th 2014 the Board of Open Source Matters Inc (OSM), the non-profit organization that provides legal and financial support to the Joomla! project, conducted their first Annual General Meeting of the Members in accordance with the

http://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/1816-open-source-matters-elects-new-president-sarah-watz-to-guide-joomla.html

Joomla! 3.3 Beta - Get Ready to Do More

The stable release of Joomla! CMS 3.3 is only a few weeks away, so it’s time to start planning the upgrade, as the...

http://community.joomla.org/blogs/community/1815-joomla-cms-33-beta-is-here.html

Joomla! Framework changes to LGPL

The board of Open Source Matters (OSM) has voted to approve the request submitted by the Joomla! Production Leadership Team (PLT) to change the license of the Joomla Framework  from GPL v2+ to LGPL v...

http://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/1814-joomla-framework-changes-to-lgpl.html

Update on the Joomla! 3.3 release schedule

Joomla! 3.3 is almost ready! The development team has been working away putting the finishing touches on the beta. The aim...

http://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/1812-update-on-the-joomla-33-release-schedule.html