It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:07 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Problem with Colorize
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:41 pm 

Hi, this looks like a great plug-in, but I am having problems adding color to the inside of the frame. Whatever I do, in the plug-in parameters, or adding colorize= into the code in the article, the frame remains white.

There is just a tiny hint of the correct color just around the edge.

What am I doing wrong? Background color changes, work perfectly.

Thanks

Post subject: Problem with Colorize
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:41 pm 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:34 pm 
Developer
Developer

Can you provide some information about your development environment? What is the Joomla version your site is running?
Can you post a link to your site, to let me check and see what is happening?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:45 pm 

Hi,

The site is nearly ready to go on-line once we have finished the news section, but not at the moment.

We use Joomla 2.5.8. I can be more specific about other things, if you let me know the types of extensions you suspect can effect Admiror Frames. It seems like white space is being overlayed on top of your colorizer.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:34 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

This is an old problem that has yet to be corrected. Colorize works correctly with *some* of the frames - most noticably the less fancy ones. But others, like the rounded_corners colorize changes the frame itself and not the inside "paper" of the frame.

I mentioned in another thread about this, and that we could do with different options for colouring the frame itself, the paper, and the pen, but it never really went anywhere...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:56 am 
Developer
Developer

Yes, as Bifford said, this is a known issue. But I have totaly forgot about it :(

Will try to check what is happening. I went throu older posts about colorize problems, and it seems that we have a major flaw in out way of making the frame.
Colorize is included in parameters when creating background images for frames, but it seems that is ignored for some reason.

In the meantime, could you post a screenshot of your frames you are having problems? I want to make a similar case on my side, for easyer testing.

Post subject: Re: Problem with Colorize
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:56 am 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:59 am 

Here is a frame with the background colorized to red (FF0000). All you can see is a faint hint of red around the edges implying the white is being overlayed after the frame was rendered.
It would be good the get the product fixed, because at the moment, it definitely doesn't do what it says on the tin.

Also as I read elsewhere here, I too have found some of the backend options don't work. You can only make them work by writing the code into the article itself.

On a positive note, if you want to extend the product and make it awesome then add in the features provided by the extension PostByLink. Although the demo site works, PostByLink is dead, the purchase/download link fails and they do not reply to any emails. See: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... cles/18418 and http://www.htinnovazione.eu/demo/joomla/postbylink

Thanks

Attachments:
frame.JPG
frame.JPG [ 23.23 KiB | Viewed 14555 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:50 pm 
Developer
Developer

I checked the frames plugin, and as it seems there are a lot of problems with colorize and background color.
In fact Colorize is working OK, but the background color is not applied correctly.

I tried to make some quick-fix for this issue, but with no success. I need to rework, the plugin, completely. This will not be soon, but I will try to be as soon as possible.