It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:56 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:01 pm 
Developer
Developer

We received a lot of requests for Admiror Frames for Joomla! 1.5. Finally, it's available to download:

Attachment:
plg_admirorframes1.5.0-199rev.zip [76.76 KiB]
Downloaded 293 times

Post subject: Admiror Frames for Joomla! 1.5
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:01 pm 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:14 pm 

hello

I just installed the plugin, but it doesn t seems to work.

I activated it and i try it with {AF}fff{/AF}

But nothing change and my page

I also change my template in case it is coming from the template but same issue everytime

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:35 pm 
Developer
Developer

Hello,

I just installed Admiror Frames on my default Joomla 1.5.23 instalation and it worked just fine (OS: Win7 x32, using Wamp 2.0)

Can you post a link to your site?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:12 am 
Contributor
Contributor

firstly - Seizart - ensure you have Turned the plugin on in the extensions/plugins section!!!!

Secondly, thank you for backward editing this! :) It is now in effect at http://www.all-saints-dovercourt.co.uk/

A question with regards this though - what do I need to edit in the plugin to make the background outside of the frame transparent????? Currently on that site it has a nice white frame, with a nasty white square block outside of it!!!

Sam

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:03 pm 
Developer
Developer

You could change the images in template folder (the one you are using). Replace existing ones with transparent background ones :)

Post subject: Re: Admiror Frames for Joomla! 1.5
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:03 pm 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:58 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

I shall give that a go :) I had thought it was xml code but if it's just images.....! I will report back if that works :D

[EDIT]

Okay, I loaded the images in question (round corner) into paintshop pro x2...they already have Transparent backgrounds!!!

It seems your code uses this and then take the "background color #" variable within the plugin prefs to set that transparent area to whatever hexadecimal colour value is inputted. Unfortunately this can't be left blank to leave the outside edge transparent.

Any ideas?? :)

Sam

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:51 pm 
Developer
Developer

I found a solution for transparent background, but I don't know how my changes will reflect the use of parameters and the rest of the templates :)

Png is converted to Jpg and displayed on the page, and when I changed that to output Png if you put 000000 as back color background is black.

Maybe adding new parameter "transparent" could solve this problem. You see now color values are converted to RGB but if you pass "0x00" as color value then background is is transparent. Still we need black background so I cannot just assume that all 0 means transparent :)

To cut the long storie short, I'm on to something and there is hope ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:11 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Vasiljevski wrote:
I found a solution for transparent background, but I don't know how my changes will reflect the use of parameters and the rest of the templates :)

To cut the long story short, I'm on to something and there is hope ;)

LMAO :D

Sam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:18 am 
Developer
Developer

Well transparent background is possible but the problems is that some web browsers(IE) have problems with transparent PNG.

I need to think about this issue, maybe create a option for transparent background and a little warning under it saying that there might be problems on some browsers... hmmm (This just kame to my mind) :)

Post subject: Re: Admiror Frames for Joomla! 1.5
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:18 am 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:03 pm 

Hello

i have install your mods plg_admirorframes1.5.0-199rev
install OK, i have active it OK
in my article when i put {AF}my article{/AF} the image not display in front?
after many research i saw with firebug all images exist but not display

in firebug :
Code:
background-image: url("http://campinglepetitnice.com/plugins/content/admirorframes/scripts/AF_gd_stream.php?src_file=%2Fhomez.483%2Fcampingldc%2Fwww%2Fplugins%2Fcontent%2Fadmirorframes%2Ftemplates%2Fdefault%2FT.png&bgcolor=FFFFFF&colorize=disable&ratio=1")

(failed to load given url)

and still with firebug i make right clic, show display picture i have it:
Code:
Notice: Undefined index: bgcolor in /homez.483/campingldc/www/plugins/content/admirorframes/scripts/AF_gd_stream.php on line 17

Notice: Undefined index: colorize in /homez.483/campingldc/www/plugins/content/admirorframes/scripts/AF_gd_stream.php on line 18

Notice: Undefined index: ratio in /homez.483/campingldc/www/plugins/content/admirorframes/scripts/AF_gd_stream.php on line 19
�����JFIF���������;CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 96 ���C�   ���C�����"�������������� �������}�!1AQa"q2���#B��R��$3br� %&'()*456789:CDEFGHIJSTUVWXYZcdefghijstuvwxyz����������������������������������������������������������������������������������� ������w�!1AQaq"2�B���� #3R�br� $4�%�&'()*56789:CDEFGHIJSTUVWXYZcdefghijstuvwxyz��������������������������������������������������������������������������� ��?��?�G?���,�3��[�E�

you know why?

i wait your help for fixe it

Thank you

Contributor Blogs

Joomla! - the dynamic portal engine and content management system

Business Pizza, Bugs, and Fun October 17, 2014

You're Invited Please consider this your personal invitation to jo...

http://community.joomla.org/blogs/community/1832-business-pizza-bugs-and-fun-october-17th-2014.html

JED 3 Nearing Completion: Call for Beta Testers

We’re really excited to share that the development process for the new Joomla Extension Directory (JED) getting close to the finish line. As of right now, the front-end and back-end development is approximately 90% complete, and the JED Team is ...

http://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/1830-jed-3-nearing-completion-call-for-beta-testers.html

A new organizational structure and methodology to empower the growth of Joomla!

Why do we want to see a change? The leadership summit which occurred prior to J and Beyond 2014 brought about a number of incredible improvements. The theme for this year’s event “Investing in our Future” and the focus of the event ...

http://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/1829-a-new-organizational-structure-and-methodology-to-empower-the-growth-of-joomla.html

JWC14 JET Recipients Announced

The Joomla Event Travel Programme (JET) is pleased to announce that we have selected 15 members from the worldwide Joomla community. With 49 applications to choose from, it was a difficult decision that was made easier because of the

http://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/1828-jwc14-jet-recipients-announced.html