It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:59 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:10 pm 

problem is ONLY in IE but in all versions:

classic view - thumbnail image vanishes seconds after it loads. unable to click.
listed view - works. thumbnails remain. slimbox - image disappears in box. pirobox - image appears but blinks (disappears then reappears). fancy box - works but no styling and cannot close thumbnail (previous/next ok).
carousel view - pictures stretched and messes entire page. cannot use.

but in all other browsers (that i have tested) the gallery looks and works beautifully. suggestions? thank you for your time.

Post subject: IE content disappearing problem; templates not working
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:10 pm 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:24 am 
Developer
Developer

Hello

In which version of IE you have this kind of behavior?

I tried with IE 8 and everything is fine.

You should check to see if your template has any extra code that can make this kind of issue.
Because classic template is universal, it uses table to arrange images, and there is no way the browser can affect will the thumbs be displayed or not, we don't use any JavaScript to display thumbs.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:12 pm 

Vasiljevski wrote:
Hello

You should check to see if your template has any extra code that can make this kind of issue.
Because classic template is universal, it uses table to arrange images, and there is no way the browser can affect will the thumbs be displayed or not, we don't use any JavaScript to display thumbs.

Vasiljevski wrote:
Hello

Hi thank you for your reply! I checked it in ALL current versions of IE (7, 8, 9) on three different computers and as I explained, out of all the views offered, the LISTED template and the fancybox are the ONLY ONES where the thumbnails are actually viewable in IE (all versions) and you can actually see the image in the popup box and then scroll through the images. If you notice, however, the float of the box and details around caption and the x to close the box are missing in the fancybox template. I saw another thread on this forum (with a screen shot) describing the exact details I noted here about the popup box attributes so I know that I am not the only one with this problem.

To describe in detail what happens in the classic view (not the listed view I have displayed now) - the content ONLY within the div disappears - the thumbnails load fine then disappears within seconds but you can highlight the image placards. My belief is that this is either a *should not be defined but is* div background tag or a layout that is being used but is undefined. My code passed css and php fine before I added this extension and now that I reverified my code - now it is saying there is a div clear float tag unsupported by IE right before the gallery is displayed. Perhaps this is the issue?

PLEASE NOTE: The old gallery extension caused my site's article pagination to stop working completely, but after a month of frustration, I found that updating to the newest version corrected it THANK YOU!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:37 am 
Developer
Developer

Float Clear shouldn't cause problem You describes. It's really impossible to inspect what is the issue without some webpage to analyse. If You can add some page with classic template and fancybox popup and give us a link, it would be helpful.

Contributor Blogs

Joomla! - the dynamic portal engine and content management system

Joomla Event Traveller Programme (JET) Now Open for JWC14

The Joomla Event Traveller Programme (JET) is pleased to announce that we will be taking applications from the worldwide Joomla community, for the upcoming Joomla! World Conference to be held on November 7th - 9th, 2014 in Cancun, Mexico.
T...

http://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/1826-joomla-event-traveller-programme-jet-now-open-for-jwc14.html

J and Beyond 2014 & Joomla! Marketing

Since its inception, JAB has been an awesome & feature packed event which gets together 300+ Joomla! users across the world. The best innovations and advancements in the Joomla world are shared here and it would be fair to say that it is the...

http://community.joomla.org/blogs/community/1824-j-and-beyond-2014-a-joomla-marketing.html

2014 Joomla Google Summer of Code Students Accepted

Once again Joomla will be participating in the Google Summer of Code, and this year we have 8 excellent student projects that were ac...

http://community.joomla.org/blogs/community/1822-2014-joomla-google-summer-of-code-students-accepted.html

It's amazing ... how easy it is to Do More with Joomla 3.3

As a website owner, if you could invest 30 seconds, click one button and improve the perform...

http://community.joomla.org/blogs/community/1821-its-amazing-how-easy-it-is-to-do-more-with-joomla-33.html

Joomla Event Traveller Programme (JET) Recipients Chosen

The Joomla Event Traveller Programme (JET) is pleased to announce that we have selected 25 members from the worldwide Joomla community, representing 16 countries as the recipients of the first JET Programme recognition. They will have th...

http://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/1819-joomla-event-traveller-programme-jet-recipients-chosen.html